Will transport planning software replace the agent in the coming time? This question may have come in many peoples’ minds. Many logistics managers and transport companies are in a dilemma. The answer to all these queries is no. Routing and scheduling systems use many algorithms and variables to calculate miles covered by a vehicle. But the companies cannot map all the data with its help. You cannot use transport software in case of emergencies and to make spontaneous decisions. A dispatcher assists in such cases with his knowledge and intelligence.Read More
Five reasons why an agent helps a transport business:
1. Agents know all about their clients: Agents have additional knowledge that is not provided by any software system. They often keep in touch with potential customers and buyers. Sometimes the customers want to change their delivery slots and timings, which is not possible with software. The agent can make the changes in the shipment time manually. This helps a company to retain its business and improve sales.
2. He knows the fleet and drivers: A agent knows all about the vehicles and cleverly strategizes the company vehicles’ goods. This saves a lot of money on fuels, trips, and vehicle maintenance. An agent has more knowledge about the drivers and the workers than any software. He knows all about their preferences and qualifications. He knows if a driver has faced any problem during his trip. The workers and the delivers can approach him with their questions and find solutions to their problems. This keeps them motivated and does not cause a shortage of drivers.
Routing Programs Help Logistic Business To Move Their Product Faster
3. Agent can assess unusual scenarios: The transportation process is becoming more difficult day by day. Sometimes, the number of orders increases, and many times the volume of the goods decrease. The companies want to expand their business, but they have to do so in a legal manner. The fleet businesses have to follow many rules and regulations while doing business. An agent uses transportation software to plan the right routes. This gives him time to deal with any situation or emergency. For example, if something happens to the driver in mid-delivery, he has to be replaced, and the company has to allot a new driver in his place.
4. The knowledge of an agent goes beyond transport planning: Transport management softwires saves the companies’ time and efforts. An agent utilizes it to advise customers, coordinate deliveries, and keep track of the drivers. He can inform the customers in case of late deliveries and find solutions to the drivers’ problems. It also leaves time to solve tactical and strategic issues. This reduces a company’s stress and adds value to its business.
Video Credit – Twenty RichSys
5. Agent keeps you updated about the transportation system: Logistics management program helps provide inputs and data. An agent checks this data and makes necessary changes. He adjusts the method, parameter, and settings. These facilities simplify the work of an agent and help him to make the right business decisions.
“Time is money in the shipping business.”- Ander Crenshaw
What are the befits of using an agent?
1. He keeps the drivers active: Good agents can multitask. They delegate hauls to the drivers and ensure they make deliveries on time. They also focus on keeping drivers on course and manage their hauls. This saves a company’s money and ensures that the drivers remain active. It improves customer service and creates new business opportunities for the fleet companies.
2. Agents help you take care of your customers: A good agent is also a good communicator. He speaks calmly with drivers and motivates them to do their work efficiently. The agent also reply to emails from the customers and solve their problems. This helps a company to build a solid customer base. They are experts at handling hostile customers. Sometimes, you can solve the problems of the customers by just being compressible listeners.
3. An agent helps to do business with government regulations: A good transportation knows all the government’s rules and regulations. Many companies have no idea of the problems faced by the drivers on the roads. All this work falls on the agent as they are the ones who understand all the guidelines. An agent helped the freight companies to stay at the top of their maintenance. He assists the company to reschedule and replace the drivers. This reduces the risk of road accidents and minimizes the chances of fines.
4. It ensures workers happiness: The agent knows the drivers are the transportation process’s lifelines. It can upset the drivers when you ask them to work overtime or deal with adverse working conditions. Many transport companies are suffering from a shortage of drivers. It is essential to keep them happy, and in good spirits so they do their work effectively.
The position of the agent is one of the most overlooked phenomena in the transportation industry. A good agent spends countless hours communicating with drivers, customers, and suppliers. He is the last person to leave the office even after drivers. Agents are responsible for all sort of communication. This makes your business thrive and helps you to overtake your computers.